A microneedling procedure that stimulates the production of collagen and elastin for tighter skin.
How it works
Morpheus8 is an FDA approved, non-invasive device that uses multiple techniques to penetrate the deep layers of the skin to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, which results in smooth and youthful looking skin.
- Minimize Appearance or Fine Lines and Wrinkles,
- Build Collagen
- Prevent the Need for a Face Lift for up to 10 years
- Reduce Acne & Surgical Scars
- Get rid of Stretch Marks
Morpheus8 Q&A. Everything you want to know.
How does Morpheus8 work?
Morpheus8 uses both microneedling and radiofrequency technology. Microneedling uses small needles to penetrate into the skin, creating microtrauma, which in turn allows the skin to produce more collagen, leading to smoother skin. Radiofrequency applies heat to the skin and fat layers beneath the skin, which allows for remodeling of the fat layer, leaving a smoother appearance.
The combination of both allow for openings in the skin created by the microneedles and heat from the radiofrequency for improved penetration in the deep layers of the skin and subcutaneous fat for optimal smoothing and tightening of the skin. The needles can go as deep as 8 mm for treatment on the body, but the device can be programmed to have penetration at 4 mm for areas of the face and neck, where skin is naturally thinner. Over the weeks following treatment, the collagen is able to reform into tighter tissue, leaving skin less wrinkled, firmer, and plump.
What areas can be treated?
Morpheus8 can be used on the face, around the eyes, stomach, legs & buttocks.
- Around the eyes
- Face & Neck
What can Morpheu8 Treat?
The most common areas of treatment are the face and neck, but many people also opt to treat other areas of the body, such as abdomen, lower back, and knees. Morpheus8 can treat a variety of skin conditions and concerns.
- Sagging and loose skin
- Lines, wrinkles, creases
- Sun damaged skin
- Acne or skin scarring
- Stretch marks
What are the different Morpheus8 Treatment Attachments?
Since there are a range of skin concerns and areas that can be treated with Morpheus, there are different attachments to the device to better target these concerns and body areas.
- Morpheus Body: Used for large treatment areas, such as legs, back, and abdomen. This attachment provides 40 gold plated microneedles to target larger body areas, such as legs, back, and abdomen. It treats a depth of 8 mm to provide microtrauma to the skin, as the same time it provides heat from the radiofrequency to tighten sagging skin, remove unwanted stretch marks, smooth cellulite, and rejuvenate the skin.
- Diolaze XL: Used for unwanted and stubborn hair. This attachment uses diode lasers to target stubborn and unwanted hair. It uses the gold standard wavelength to target the color in the hair follicle and has a 3CP cooling tip to reduce pain during the procedure. The Diolaze is able to treat a variety of skin pigments in a shorter duration per treatment and in less treatment sessions than other laser hair removal devices.
- Lummeca IPL: Used for discoloration and pigmentation concerns on the skin. This is an intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment that delivers higher energy in the 500-600 nm wavelength with higher repetition and larger areas that can be treated in a single session, reducing the time for treatment and the number of treatment sessions needed for optimal results. It treats a variety of pigmentation and vascular issues on the skin, such as sun damage, freckles, age spots, rosacea, scarring, and spider veins on virtually any area of the body.
Who is a candidate for Morpheus8 treatment?
Anyone who has concerns about the appearance of the skin on their face or body, such as scarring, wrinkles, sagging skin, sun damage, or stretch marks is a candidate, regardless of the color of their skin. Morpheus8 can treat all skin colors and complexions, unlike laser treatments that are only used to treat light colored skin.
When should I get Morpheus8 treatment?
When you are ready to have youthful, smooth, tight skin again, you are looking to prevent the aging process, or you want to improve scarring or pigmentation concerns on the skin, you are ready to have Morpheus8 treatment.
What do I expect at consultation?
During consultation, you will meet with a medical provider to discuss your areas of concern and desires for your skin. A detailed history and physical exam will be performed to evaluate your skin and concerns. The consultation will allow for discussion on areas that will be treated and the number of treatment sessions that are likely needed to achieve results.
What do I expect at treatment?
You should avoid direct sunlight to the treatment areas for at least 3 days prior to treatment and avoid using any lotions or oils on your face on the day of treatment. You will be comfortably positioned so that the areas of treatment are exposed. A topical numbing medication will be applied to the treatment areas one hour prior to starting treatment, for best numbing effects.
Treatment times may vary based on areas that are being treated, therefore treatment may be 20-60 minutes. During treatment, the Morpheus8 device will be used over treatment areas, with sensation of mild pain, which should be minimal, particularly with the use of topical numbing medication. After treatment is completed a medical grade serum and broad spectrum SPF will be applied to the treated skin to moisturize and protect the newly treated skin.
What is the recovery process?
For the first 48 hours after treatment, the skin is likely to be red and will require generous moisturizing. It is recommended that you avoid make up for the first 2 days, until redness subsides, then it is safe to apply make up. Depending on your line of work, you may wish to take 2 days off from work for recovery. Perhaps the most important part of recovery is to stay out of direct sunlight for the first week and to use a broad spectrum SPF to protect your skin and your results from treatment.
What type of results should I expect?
There is likely to be a small amount of improvement directly after the procedure is completed, but within 4 weeks, collagen and elastin are beginning to form with results typically seen 3-6 months after treatment and continue for 1 year after treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments all depends on initial skin condition, desired results, and provider input, but typically 1-3 treatments are initially needed to achieve a particular aesthetic goal. As skin continues to age and become damaged from sun exposure and genetics, you should consider maintenance of about 1 treatment session every year.
Why choose Dr. Sepulveda for Morpheus8 treatment?
Dr. Sepulveda has experience with Morpheus8 to provide high quality results for your skin tightening, scarring/pigmentation concerns, and anti-aging results. They will tailor an individual treatment plan to best suit your needs and areas of concern. Dr. Sepulveda is dedicated to help you get your youthful, glowing, firm skin back!